Talliston Artisan in Residence 2017-2018
Sarah Wragg has been a part of the Talliston project since 2013, both as a volunteer, organiser and part of the core creative team. This year she will pass her crown to a new Artisan...
The Creative Team
Artisan in Residence
Become a creative part of the house and gardens.
At the heart of Talliston House & Gardens' labyrinth of inspirational locations, times and places is a showcase of the power of our imagination – and the unlocking of the secret that lies within all of us. Talliston is committed to continuing that journey, to inspire, support and encourage people to pursue creative, fulfilling lives – and in this new chapter, we have created a series of residencies to further that mission.
The Talliston Artisan-in-Residence programme was established to provide resources for a writer over the course of one almanack year (October to October). It sets out to use Talliston’s interiors to motivate and encourage craftsfolk, providing an inspirational space to craft, research and create. Along with the Writer-in-Residence and Artist-in-Residence roles, the Artisan-in-Residence will be joining a community committed to creative excellence.
• Exclusive title of Artisan-in-Residence of Talliston House & Gardens for 12 months – from October until October – with two residential weekends to stay and write at the house
• Logo/artwork/advert, 50-word description and website link displayed on our home page
• Exclusive use of text and images on the Writer-in-Residence page on the website
• A page article about your residency and work in a future issue of the Talliston Times newsletter
• The offer to distribute A5 flyers during events, tours and special functions at the house and gardens
How to apply for your residency
Submissions are open between January and August and require applicants to share their creative bio and an example of their work inspired by the house and gardens. Submissions are reviewed in September by Talliston’s creative team and artistic patron – and the successful applicant will be contacted in October. Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or for further info, or to be added to the writer's mailing list, fill in the form below and we'll send further info.
Talliston Artisan in Residence request